We represent high net worth individuals, families, family offices and closely held businesses in their cross-border activities and succession planning.
Services For Foreign Clients
Our services for foreign clients include:
- U.S. tax planning for non-U.S. individuals planning to come to the United States
- Determining when a non-U.S. individual becomes a U.S. resident for income and estate and gift tax purposes
- Pre-U.S. residency tax planning
- U.S. tax planning for investors who will obtain lawful permanent residency under the EB-5 program
Services For U.S. Clients
Our services for U.S. clients include:
- U.S. tax planning for U.S. individuals who live abroad or have significant assets abroad
- U.S. tax planning for U.S. citizens and "green card" holders who are long-term residents who plan to expatriate or relinquish their "green cards"
- U.S. tax planning and traps for the unwary for individuals who are residents of a foreign country and the United States; viz., "treaty tie breakers"
- Advising individuals with respect to U.S. tax reporting and information return compliance (see "Offshore Account Compliance" below)
- Advising individuals and families on the use of trusts/foundations for succession planning
- Advantageous use of bilateral income, estate and gift tax treaties
Global Network of Key Advisors
We work closely with immigration counsel, certified public accountants, financial advisors, trust and estate counsel, other advisors in formulating and implementing an overall plan for specific client engagement.