David S. Barnhill
Mr. Barnhill is a partner resident in the Tampa office. His practice focuses on international tax planning for U.S. and foreign-based multinationals, inbound and outbound international tax planning for individuals, and international tax controversy representation.
Mr. Barnhill received his Bachelor of Arts in Russian from Brigham Young University, and his Juris Doctor from Indiana University School of Law. In 2011, he received his LL.M. in taxation from the New York University School of Law. Prior to obtaining his LL.M. in Taxation, Mr. Barnhill clerked with the Internal Revenue Service Office of Chief Counsel in New York, as well as in Indiana.
Mr. Barnhill is fluent in Russian.
Areas of Practice
- International Tax Planning
- International Tax Controversies
- Offshore Tax Compliance
- Florida, 2013
- Utah, 2010
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York
- LL.M. (in Taxation) - 2011
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
- J.D. cum laude - 2010
- Brigham Young University, Provo , Utah
- B.A. - 2006